RIP to the greek version, and the limited only seen once fiesta Mac and cheese tots but the reigning king of the loaded tots will always have the winning spot in our hearts- Buffalo chicken loaded tots.
We decided that this week we would attempt to make this seemingly easy dish at home to fill the MK void. We made our own garlic ranch ( THE BEST PART COME ON) and loaded up a bowl full of tots that rivals Fantasyland.
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk (regular milk will also work)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon of garlic powder
(there are plenty of garlic ranch recipes out there - do what you want! this was a quick substitute recipe with ingredients we already had)
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup of Buffalo sauce (your choice! - we used Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- Frozen tater tots
- 1/4 cup of chopped celery
-1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- We first started out by making the garlic ranch, since that has to sit before it's ready. Combine all the ingredients together and stir until mixed well. Then cover and let sit in a fridge for about 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line baking sheet with tin-foil, arrange frozen tots and cook in over for 24-27 minutes.
- Next step is to cook the chicken. This is easily done whichever way you want or are comfortable with. We seasoned the chicken breast with just salt and pepper and cooked it over medium heat until done.
- After chicken is done, cut into cubes and toss with 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce. (Easiest done in a small bowl with a lid)
- Chop about 2 stalks of celery into small chunks
- When tater tots are finished, layer tater tots, chicken, celery and blue cheese crumbles. Finish off with garlic ranch
VOILA ! Just like that, you're transported to those days running off Mine train to devour some of these tots while contemplating wether or not to grab a fast pass for Aladdin's carpet because it's all thats left for the day.
Share this post
- Tags: buffalo chicken, disney at home, disney recipe, diy, loaded, make at home, make your own, recipe, tasty, tasty Tuesday, tater tots, tots, tuesday